Cosmetic Dentistry in Mandarin, FL
If you have stained, uneven, chipped, or broken teeth, there’s no need for you to be embarrassed about your smile any longer. Our general dentist in Jacksonville provides several cosmetic dentistry services that can help restore the look of healthy teeth, along with your confidence.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dental services have a different function than general dental services. General dental services focus on diagnosing and treating problems with the teeth and gums, as well as preventing future problems. Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental services that improve the appearance of your smile.
Although some cosmetic dental treatments can restore the function and health of damaged teeth, the primary focus of cosmetic dentistry in Mandarin is correcting aesthetic flaws. Today’s modern techniques are quite durable and produce more natural-looking results than in years past.
Cosmetic Dental Services
Cosmetic dentistry includes a range of services from whitening teeth to replacing missing teeth. Here are the procedures we offer:
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening can remove years of stains and discoloration from teeth, and it’s relatively inexpensive. We provide both an in-office treatment and take-home teeth whitening kits. LEARN MORE
- Inlay and onlay restoration: When a cavity has damaged too much of the tooth structure for a filling but not enough to warrant a crown, inlays and onlays are used. Inlays are set into the biting surface of the tooth while an onlay rests on the biting surface and covers one or more of the tooth’s missing peaks, or cusps. Both can be matched to the exact color of your tooth and are natural-looking.
- Veneers: A veneer attached to the front of a tooth can mask imperfections such as a chipped tooth, a cracked tooth, or stains. Veneers essentially replace front tooth enamel with a thin but hard and durable shell of tooth-colored material. You’re able to eat normally with veneers. Plus, with the color and translucency matched to your natural tooth shade, people won’t notice you have one. LEARN MORE
- Tooth-colored fillings: Our dentist uses porcelain fillings and white, resin composite fillings that can be matched to the exact shade of your tooth. They don’t contain metal, so they’re not as obvious and they’ll never corrode. Also, the dentist does not have to drill as much into the healthy part of the tooth in order to place these fillings.
- Porcelain crowns: Our dental office in South Jacksonville uses CEREC same-day crowns and porcelain crowns, which are all-ceramic material, in order to cap teeth damaged by trauma or dental decay. These crowns are translucent like a natural tooth, and color-matched to your own teeth. They’re also strong enough to withstand the pressure of biting and chewing and cause no staining or discoloration along the gum line.
- Dental implant Restorations: Dental implants are a growing cosmetic method of replacing missing teeth. A cylindrical titanium post mimics the roots of the missing tooth, providing a strong foundation and helping to preserve the jawbone. Our dentist then can top the implant with a crown for a single missing tooth or a bridge or denture for multiple missing teeth. The results are secure and natural-looking.
Does Insurance Cover Cosmetic Dentistry?
In many cases, cosmetic procedures are considered not necessary for dental health but desired for aesthetic reasons. Dental insurance typically doesn’t cover the cost of such elective dental work. However, some dental plans will pay for part of the cost of cosmetic dentistry if the procedure restores function as well as appearance. Talk to your insurance company, or discuss your options for cosmetic dental services in Mandarin.
Find a Cosmetic Dentist Near You
If you have more questions or are ready to get started remaking your smile, call our Advanced Dental Care of Florida office in Jacksonville at (904) 638-7181. Our experienced and compassionate staff can evaluate your smile and consult with you about the various techniques and treatments we offer, what you can expect from each, and more.