General Dentistry in Mandarin, FL
Maintaining the health of your teeth and gums ensures that you smile with confidence. Our general dentist in Mandarin – South Jacksonville provides assistance with regular dental care and establishing healthy habits to keep your smile bright, radiant and pain-free.
What is a General Dentist?
A general dentist is an accredited medical professional who provides primary dental care for patients of all ages. Although he or she does not specialize in one type of dentistry, a general dentist undergoes rigorous training and licensing to provide many services that treat and prevent tooth and gum diseases, ensuring dental health.
What Does a General Dentist Do?
A general dentist, which is also called a family dentist, focuses on lifelong dental health. That means performing regular checkups, cleaning and polishing your teeth, advising you on the best oral hygiene (such as the best ways to brush, floss and use dental products), filling cavities, creating crowns, bridges, and dentures, and performing other procedures that strengthen, repair, or replace diseased teeth.
Our general dentist at Advanced Dental Care of Florida also provides emergency dentistry procedures such as toothache relief, and cosmetic dentistry such as tooth whitening and veneers. So whether you have tooth pain, crack or chip a tooth, or find that your smile looks dingy, your dentist can diagnose the condition, treat the underlying cause and help prevent the problem from reoccurring.
Our General Dentistry Services
Our general dentistry practice includes many different services including exams, cleanings, and treatments to give you and your family members the best smile possible. Here’s a general overview of the care we provide:
- Exams and teeth cleanings, including instruction on proper hygiene, treatment for gingivitis (gum disease), and oral cancer screening LEARN MORE
- Dental care for children starting at age 4, including root canals
- Night guards for bruxism (also called teeth grinding)
- Emergency dentistry, including root canal therapy LEARN MORE
- Cosmetic dental services, such as veneers, and inlay and onlay restoration LEARN MORE
- Dental implants, such as crowns and certain types of denture LEARN MORE
- Complete and partial dentures, including SoftLine dentures LEARN MORE
- Implant-supported denture, also called an implant-supported bridge LEARN MORE
- Tooth repair and replacement, including fillings, crowns, dental implants, and dentures LEARN MORE
- Teeth whitening both in the office and with take-home kits LEARN MORE
How Often Should You Go to the Dentist?
Most dentists recommend scheduling a checkup every six months. Your age, dental condition and other factors ultimately determine how often you should visit our general dental office.
How Much Does a Dentist Visit Cost?
The cost depends on the type of treatment needed and whether you have dental insurance. Our office accepts several major insurance providers including Aetna, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Cigna, Delta Dental Premier, Delta PPO, Guardian, Humana, Metlife, TriCare (for military personnel), and United Healthcare. We also offer financing options. Our friendly office staff will be glad to answer any additional questions.
Call Today to Make a Dentist Appointment
Please call Advanced Dental Care of Florida in Jacksonville at (904) 638-7181. We’ll work with you to set up an appointment that’s convenient for you.